Inflazyme Forte (American Biologics) 90 Tabs
Inf-Zyme Forte is a specific combination of digestive and anti-inflammatory enzymes, with antioxidants and metabolic cofactors. When taken with meals (or within one hour after), its digestive enzymes aid the small intestines' role in digesting proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. Their actions help maintain intestinal health and minimize food intolerance. When taken between meals, the constituents of Inf-Zyme Forte act synergistically to help break the cycles of tissue damage from inflammation.
Inflammation is the body's natural constellation of responses to stress from physical, chemical, or metabolic insults that initiate tissue damage. Paradoxically, inflammatory processes can also exacerbate tissue damage unless they are tightly controlled. The clinical manifestations of Inflammation included burning, swelling, discoloration, edema, and more subtle changes such as the exacerbation of allergies of food intolerance.
In the healthy person, inflammation, once initiated, rids the body of damaged tissue and healing over the damaged area. However, when certain of the programmed inflammatory pathways are abnormal or dysfunctional, a chronic inflammatory state can develop and persist. The enzymes in Inf-Zyme Forte help degrade and otherwise disarm macromolecular components of the inflammatory cascades, while the antioxidants and cofactors help dampen the free radicals produced during the course of acute or chronic inflammation.
Clinical research conducted around the world has linked the constituents of Inf-Zyme Forte to the amelioration of
conditions such as:
Arthritis, bursitis, tendinitis, sinusitis
Sports injuries, impact injuries, joint damage
Bruises, pain, swelling, burns
Wound healing, recovery after surgery
More serious degenerative degenerative conditions
Inf-Zyme Forte provides a diverse array of enzymes from both animal and plant sources, each working via a different mechanism:
* Trypsin and chymotrypsin are potent animal enzymes that efficiently break down proteins (Undigested proteins are said to often cause inflammatory processes in the human body.); lipase breaks down fats; amylase breaks down carbohydrates.
* Papain from the papaya plant and bromelain from pineapple are robust enzyme complexes that resist degradation from the conditions that prevail in the human digestive tract: both are potent digestants. Bromelain has been extensively tested and found to have prostaglandin regulation properties in addition to its proteolysis enzyme activity. Prostaglandin cascades are centrally involved in inflammation, and by shifting the prostaglandin balance from pro-inflammatory towards anti-inflammatory, bromelain can moderate symptoms and speed the time to recovery. Shortened prostaglandin production influences recovery time. Bromelain also can ameliorate excessive clotting linked to inflammation.
Antioxidants help protect the body's cells, tissues, and organs against free radicals and other oxidative stressors; they are also among the most potent natural anti-inflammatories. Free radicals are produced in the body during normal metabolism, but the inflammatory cascades usually generate tremendously greater quantities of free radicals in the affected tissues.
Antioxidants in Inf-Zyme Forte include:
* Rutin - a bioflavonoid derived from eucalyptus, which is a potent anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory.
* Superoxide dismutase (SOD) - an enzyme that is the body's first line of anti-oxidant defense against uncontrolled inflammation. SOD is the only enzyme that processes superoxide, one of the oxygen radicals most over-produced during inflammation. American Biologics states its SOD activity in the internationally-recognized McCord-Fridovich Units.
* Catalase - an antioxidant enzyme that mops up some of the oxygen free radicals produced down the line from SOD. Catalase, one of the peroxidases, neutralizes Hydrogen Peroxide by the enzyme activity in the clinically-relevant SIGMA units.
* L-Cysteine - a major antioxidant for the watery phase between the cells of the body, and a building block for the reduced glutathione (GHS) found inside each and every cell. Agents that reduce GSH can cause the cell to die or commit suicide.
* Zinc (as the gluconate salt) - an essential mineral and a required activation cofactor for the enzyme SOD. Also a cofactor for more than 30 other enzymes, some of which are required for the immune cells to make new cells as recruits in the struggle to get runaway inflammation under control. Inf-Zyme Forte provides 17% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of zinc.
One earlier dogma in enzymology was that enzymes are not well absorbed after oral ingestion. Research using state-of-the-art testing and chromatographic analysis has established that enzymes of the type and class of those in Inf-Zyme Forte are indeed absorbed in substantial quantities.
It is likely that once absorbed, enzymes are transported in the blood to tissue sites that are inflamed, where they help terminate the inflammatory process. Clinical observations at American Biologics Hospital suggest this product helps the body control inflammatory processes that (if left unchecked) can render the body vulnerable to life-threatening disease.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.